Delta basic Activity explained
On the menu click on “Projects”.
And then on the green + on the upper right.
Here You have to select a Client from the list (or create a new one)
Then You have to specify a Project name, one or more task, specifying if it’s billable or not, and one or more users (your user will be added automatically as project manager)
Finally You can specify optionally a date range for the Project, a number of hours or total value as Budget, an hourly price (every user has a personal hourly price, if you set a value here you overvrite the default price for all the users assigned to this project) and some notes.
On the main page, “Time” select a day using the calendar or the arrows
then click on de green + on the left
Now You have to select a Module: Delta is the default built-in project management module of Delta, but if you activate the integration more modules will appear on the left, i.e. Trello
Here You have to select a Project, a task and specify a duration, in hours; optionally You can insert a description for your activities
Once you will save the new Time Track will appear on the stream
On the menu click on “Expense”
And then on the green + on the upper right
Here You have to select a date (today is default), a Project, a Type of the Expense and a quantity/value
Optionally You can insert a description, attach a receipt and select if this expense is billable or not
Expense Type are customizable by the system Administrator that can insert new types and specify conversion rates, i.e. for mileage, and whether a type is visible to one or more users
You can find the new expense on the list page, where you can check all the details, totals, and download receipts and a zip archive containing all the receipts files and the csv list of the expenses for the selected time range
- Open the template app in MS Power BI Desktop ( free and downloadable HERE )
- Go to “Transform Data” submenu Data source settings
- Select one of the 4 sources (API call) on the list, and click on the button “Change Source…”
Insert in the URL a customized string as follow:
https://<your Delta tenant name>.deltatimetracking.com/api/<API endpoint, i.e. client, project, tasks, users>?email=<the email/username of an admin user>&password=<password of the user specified>(if you are using the self hosted server you have to insert the dns name of your own Delta TimeTracking App, instead of tenant.deltatimetracking.com)
- Modify all the 4 data sources
- Refresh data and you are ready!
- Install the app template on your Qlik Sense Desktop, Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense cloud account;
- Open the app and go to the Data Load Editor
- On the right bar select “Create New Connection” and click on the REST data source
- On the new window insert the API URL, formatted as follow:
https://<your Delta tenant name>.deltatimetracking.com/api/<API endpoint, i.e. client, project, tasks, users>(if you are using the self hosted server you have to insert the dns name of your own Delta TimeTracking App, instead of tenant.deltatimetracking.com)
- Scroll down and insert two Query Parameters: email and password;
fill the values with the credentials of an admin user
- Repeat the connection creation for all 4 API call used in the template: client, project, tasks, users
- Go to the Script tab “Load” and Search for: //Connection to API Time Tracking – REPLACE
- Insert the 4 string connection replacing the existing/placeholder ones, in the order
- Now you are ready to reload your data and/or create a reload scheduled task!
Ready to warp? Start your time journey today for free
Frequently asked questions
- Why another TimeTracking App?
We tried a tons of TimeTracking Applications, sometimes we found great Apps, but we often miss a bit or two, i.e. a really extensive way to manage budgets or a specific integration with a tool... but the main reason we developed Delta is to keep it simple, no redundant, invasive, exotheric, pseudo-automated way to track time, just what we need, and maybe what You need.
- Is Delta TimeTracking Free?
We provide a free self hosted version of the Delta Time server, via Docker container, downloadable here.
We also have a cloud plan, with a 15 days trial, that brings external tools integrations; or a fully customized version, tailored on Your needs.
- You say Delta is for everyone, but who is the typical user?
Delta is for eveyone that wants to manage their time, towards profitable projects! A construction company that wants to keep an eye on budgets of their building sites tracking collaborators hours and materials costs. Or a Consultancy Firm that needs a tool to track time worked on a project and get payed for it.
Besides Delta is great to manage an external workforce, via Zendesk, Trello and other integrations!
- What do you mean with "Integrations"?
We want to satisfy a need: give the access to informations from internal tools, i.e. accesso to Zendesk tickets or Trello boards, to the external workforce, consultants/collaborators, so they can access those info, use them to get their job done, and then track time directly in Delta.
Our idea of Integration is the opposite of what you may think: the third party tools are accessible via Delta.
Of course we plan to integrate Delta Time Tracking into third party tools, to track on Delta without leaving them, but this is mainstream 🙂
- Is it easy to migrate to Delta from another tool?
Yesss, we provide a few step data importer to start use Delta, filled with your data.
Time Tracking, made simple
- No meaningless timers, no automatic deamon monitoring your apps, just the details you need.
Keep an eye on budgets & analize costs
- Set your budget for a project, and then analize your profitability on your favourite tools.
Integrate your working tools, i.e. Zendesk, Trello, Asana...
- Track time on projects or entities from your integrated tools, seamlessly.
Deliver on time. Start using Delta today.
Track & bill your work effectively towards profitable projectsStart now