Powerful Delta Time Data Analysis Templates
made with your favourite tools
Your Time Analytics starting point
Analyze your Time Tracking Data, and integrate your data to produce powerful insights. Start with our template, using your familiar BI tools.
- Tracked Time
- Billed Time
- Project on Budget
Frequently asked questions
We think that integrated reports in Web Apps are limited (not easily customizable, only internal App data to analyze) so we provide a set of APIs to download your data everywhere, and a starting point to analyse your Time into your fav BI tool, like Power BI, Qlik Sense and Tableau.
No, they are totally free, and you can edit them as you like, i.e. integrating your erp or other systems’ data into the report. Of course we do not provide any license of Power BI, Qlik Sense or Tableau.
You can browse your data on the Reports section of Delta; you can export all the data in excel, and you can use the Delta APIs in any other tool that can consume a REST call! Here you can find the API Reference.
- Open the template app in MS Power BI Desktop ( free and downloadable HERE )
- Go to “Transform Data” submenu Data source settings
- Select one of the 4 sources (API call) on the list, and click on the button “Change Source…”
Insert in the URL a customized string as follow:
https://<your Delta tenant name>.deltatimetracking.com/api/<API endpoint, i.e. client, project, tasks, users>?email=<the email/username of an admin user>&password=<password of the user specified>(if you are using the self hosted server you have to insert the dns name of your own Delta TimeTracking App, instead of tenant.deltatimetracking.com)
- Modify all the 4 data sources
- Refresh data and you are ready!
- Install the app template on your Qlik Sense Desktop, Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense cloud account;
- Open the app and go to the Data Load Editor
- On the right bar select “Create New Connection” and click on the REST data source
- On the new window insert the API URL, formatted as follow:
https://<your Delta tenant name>.deltatimetracking.com/api/<API endpoint, i.e. client, project, tasks, users>(if you are using the self hosted server you have to insert the dns name of your own Delta TimeTracking App, instead of tenant.deltatimetracking.com)
- Scroll down and insert two Query Parameters: email and password;
fill the values with the credentials of an admin user
- Repeat the connection creation for all 4 API call used in the template: client, project, tasks, users
- Go to the Script tab “Load” and Search for: //Connection to API Time Tracking – REPLACE
- Insert the 4 string connection replacing the existing/placeholder ones, in the order
- Now you are ready to reload your data and/or create a reload scheduled task!
Time Tracking, made simple
No meaningless timers, no automatic deamon monitoring your apps, just the details you need.
Keep an eye on budgets & analize costs
Set your budget for a project, on total costs or total hour. Delta let you specify the total budget and single project budget for each consultant per time range.
Track your expanses and attach your receipt. Send the expanses report automatically with all the attachment zipped.
DeltaBOT, your Timetracking assistant
Type to DeltaBOT your activities of the day and it will create the Timetrack entries for you!
Let your collaborators know what they can bill you with the Approval Workflow of their Tracked Time
Access from Browser or Mobile (coming soon)
Delta Time is available on both browser (responsive, of course) and mobile native apps for Android and iOS.
Integrate your working tools, i.e. Zendesk, Trello, Asana...
Track time on projects or entities from your integrated tools, seamlessly.
Login with Google, Facebook or Twitter
Use your Google, FB or Twitter account to access Delta Time.
Data Export and API with Data Visualization Templates
Complete exporting capabilities, extensive APIs and ready to use and customize templates for Qlik Sense, Power BI and Tableau.